BULLET Journaling

Yes, I have caught on to this craze....

Yes, this is mine, my personal one.  Please ignore the March 2 entry.  I was pretty pissed at the time.  I have two of these, one for work and one that is a personal bullet journal.  I have ordered a new one, because ink bleeds through on this one, but I'll keep it because of the pages, etc. and the fact that it does work really well with pencil and I can draw in it.
 
Bullet Journaling is a journal for people like me.  We are very right brained, organize in odd ways, like lists, like writing, and enjoy drawing.  I have the odd drawing throughout this journal, mostly cartoons, but still the odd drawing.  I am practicing my handwriting, which is a combo between print and cursive.  As a lefty, I have a hard time writing in cursive anyways. I drag my hand across the page and leave smears. And then the colors on my hand are always interesting. I have imprinted them on other sheets of paper. 
 
My niece, Abbey, is starting a bullet journal.  This is hers:
                                                                                                                                                                    
She is much more the artist right now.  She's studying to be a Rocket Scientist. Not kidding.  She's pretty smart, but terribly unorganized.  She saw my journal the other day at my sister's birthday dinner and loved it.  So, she's started her own.  I had to give her a few tips:
 
1. Don't get the same pens I did.  They bleed through the pages.  That's the reason why I am starting a new journal.
 
2. If you want to write something private, put a few notes down about it, but write LONG sentences about your personal thoughts in another journal.  If you lose this one, you're screwed.
 
I wrote one page about my husband (I was pretty frustrated) and he found it and it hurt his feelings.  I have an "Oh Well" kind of attitude about it, but just to keep the manly peace, I did apologize.  Never again did I leave it out and I learned the biggest lesson ever:  Don't use these journals as a way to blow off steam.  Don't do it. 
 
I am waiting for my new journal to come in.  EXCITED!  But on today's events, I am keeping that to myself and writing in my personal journal that is hidden away. :0)

Comments

Popular Posts